Who we are

We live in the Dominican Republic and work with Young Life International. Jake works at Pico Escondido, a Young Life camp that serves Dominicans in this country as well as work teams from the states. We are both currently volunteers with Vida Joven, YL in Spanish, and I (Kyla) am a full-time mom. We want to keep you informed about our lives and our ministry as well as share some encouragement along the way. Read more to find out what God has been doing in our lives!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's just stuff



On Monday morning I received a call that there was a fire in my classroom and that everything in it was beyond repair.

Including my drumset.


And decorations on the wall.


At times I get frustrated, but the Lord has been reminding me that it's just stuff that was lost. No one was hurt. Now Kyla and I just have less stuff to sell when we go overseas.

No comments: